Friday, June 17, 2022

Speaking of listening to the same song over and over

My boy and I like to look through the Births section of the Wikipedia entry for, say, June 17, since it changes up our handwashing routine to sing "Happy birthday, Igor Stravinsky" rather than just singing it to no one in particular.

Today in birthdays is comedian Will Forte. Sure, I'll sing happy birthday to him. His Wikipedia entry mentions this:

Forte has discussed and joked about his OCD tendencies.[46][4] He recounted listening to only one song in his office at SNL for an entire year because he wanted to challenge himself.[47] 

I'm glad that no source on the internet mentions which song this is, unless it's in the podcast being cited, in which case forget it, since there is no circumstance in this life in which listening to a podcast seems like an appropriate activity for me. If you find out, let me know. 

In the meantime, we'll just assume that he was listening to Disco Inferno's "D.I. Go Pop."