Friday, October 26, 2018

Memory Excellence 25: Estacadaward

25. Estacadaward

From atop Kelly Butte I'll survey
the skyline from my plated window
and then dash away. This is your mayor,
reinforced location, calling out to proceed
steadily, predictably,

Estacadaward
in a noble file. Steady preparation
has led us to this moment
where I, your mayor, in good grace proclaim:

Proceed. Steadily. Predictably. Estacadaward.
Proceed. Steadily. Predictably. Estacadaward.

We'll win the race. We'll live our dream.
We'll kick the ass of the other team.
On a day called "X" and "Y" and "Z"
they'll name a freeway after me.
They'll name a freeway after me.
They'll name a freeway after me.

Have you seen "A Day Called 'X'"? If not, well, this is basically the plot in a nutshell.

Fun fact: "Estacadaward" is typed entirely with the left hand!