Thursday, October 25, 2018

Memory Excellence 10: I Have Not Spoken All Day

10. I Have Not Spoken All Day

Beginning here, I'm going to include lyrics where possible. I realize my magnificent diction makes this completely unnecessary.

Clouds float past
Clouds float past
I have not spoken all day
Clouds float past
Gentle grace
I have not spoken all day
Clouds and clouds and clouds and clouds

I got this one directly from luv[sic] HQ and added lyrics and a ton of guitar, including a track or two through something called a "Noise Swash." It felt nice letting someone else do the driving.

The lyrics are pretty self-explanatory. Oh, those heady days of unemployment, when I really could go all day walking around inner Southeast Portland without saying a word or spending a cent. I appropriated the idea from an issue of Christie G.'s Miscellaneous zine and then, much later, I realize this exact phrase appears nearly verbatim in the Raincoats' "In Love." Nothing like stealing from the best!