Wednesday, September 6, 2023

September shows/country bass/album upcoming

I'm sitting in with Cosmonox Jason's country project the Prairie Benders on the bass at a couple shows - one tonight (Wed 9/6/23 at the Alberta Street Pub) and one next Monday (9/11/23 at the Hostel CafĂ©). It's been fun playing thump-thump I-V stuff for the first time in a long time - I think my most recent experience was my all-Lutheran yodeling cowboy band with my dad back in high school?  Anyway, fun stuff. Instructive to see how to do more with less, curb my usual excess. Not something I would want to pursue in the long term, but it is good to see that I can pull it off.

I'm also playing a quick thing with the legendary Jennifer Robin this Friday (9/8/23 at Mother Foucault's). I think it will just be one piece or so.

Also, this Saturday 9/9 I plan on finally dropping the newish Spirit Duplicator album Gelatin Duplicator. A real gnarly one, this one. Nonstop ring modulator. Maybe it will be your thing?