Friday, September 15, 2023

Indie pop subterfuge/Jeanines

I'm at the actual office working while the "slurry seal" wizards make my street a little less perilous. (The kid and I shared weird jokes about marine mammals.)  I'm listening to whatever random headphones are here, playing something on YouChoob Music, and then it helpfully decides that I want to listen to Jeanines' first album, which hey, not a bad call, but wait, is there another guitar part that I never noticed on "Either Way"? Same with "Hits the Bone"? "Falling Off of My Feet Again"? Or are these headphones just that good that I'm noticing a 12-string guitar that wasn't there before?

Anyway, not minding the director's cut - if indeed that is what it is - but it does call into question every memory I have from the Sleep Deprivation Years when my kid was super young!