Tuesday, November 14, 2017

POLKA and SNEAKERS

I can't get enough of POLKADON DB's endless YouChoob playlist of Ukrainian-Canadian polka. Currently at 697 songs and uploading more every day. Back-of-the-envelope math shows that this playlist is probably at over 24 hours of polkas and waltzes and kolomaykas and other terms that I don't know. Quality varies, but even the jankier stuff has its own charms. An unceasing joy.

While the boy sleeps I've been playing Sneakers on an Atari 800 emulator on my laptop. What a loony one. Recommended. I miss the weird ovipositor spaceship birthing animation that the Apple II version has, but it's nice to play the game on:

the Kraft Mazemaster joystick that I bought for $5 at a certain game nerd expo in Portland a few weeks back. I went looking for info on the Mazemaster and found that, of course, there are a LOT of YouChoob videos consisting of dudes standing in front of a wall and talking about old game controllers. I will spare you the video of me talking about this thing, but it is very nice.